DIGITAL MARKETING GUIDE
What is Digital Marketing? A Beginners Complete Step by Step Guide
Well this digital marketing guide will help you understand more about digital marketing, it’s benefits, the strategies and a lot more.
The overall modern marketing for businesses has evolved into somewhat technical and complex scene. With the advent of digital marketing – (online) marketers now have a wider range of channels and options where they can reach and connect with consumers on a worldwide scale.
Small and medium businesses must be prepared to keep up with this progression of change and evolution of these modern technologies and marketing channels.
Digital marketing strategies such as search engine optimisation (SEO), search engine marketing (SEM), content marketing, social media optimization, e-mail direct marketing and display advertising influencer marketing, content automation, campaign marketing, and social media marketing are becoming more common in our advancing technology.
Digital marketing now extends to non-internet channels that provide digital media – such as mobile phones (SMS and MMS), callback, and mobile ringtones.
Wikipedia definition: Digital marketing is the marketing of products or services using digital technologies, mainly on the Internet, but also including mobile phones, display advertising, and any other digital medium.
SAS definition: Digital marketing is the promotion of products or brands via one or more forms of electronic media, differs from traditional marketing in that it uses channels and methods that enable an organization to analyze marketing campaigns and understand what is working and what isn’t – typically in real time.
Hubspot definition: Digital marketing is an umbrella term for all of your online marketing efforts. Businesses leverage digital channels such as Google search, social media, email, and their websites to connect with their current and prospective customers.
Marketo definition: Digital marketing refers to advertising delivered through digital channels such as search engines, websites, social media, email, and mobile apps.
Benefits of Digital Marketing and How It Can Grow Your Business
1. Digital marketing is largely more cost effective than traditional marketing.
2. Digital marketing delivers measurable conversions – visitors to leads, leads to sales.
3. Digital marketing can level the sales playing field with larger businesses.
4. Digital marketing can help generate better profits.
5. Digital marketing facilitates interaction between your business and your target audience.
6. Digital marketing builds brand reputation and brand recognition.
7. Digital marketing provides better Return Of Investment.
8. Digital marketing caters to the mobile consumer.